8.31.2009

tissue paper

Yeah, I'm still alive. I know it's been awhile, I just haven't felt like communicating with anyone lately. Just haven't been good company, even to myself. It's the funk, I hate it.



But I haven't given up, I have continued with my art. I took an online class with Carrie Burns Brown. She is wonderfun. I've been painting and decorating tissue paper, and am now putting it down on canvas. I love Carrie's abstract collage, so thought I'd give it a go. The first one is tissue I painted.I need better quality paints, like Golden, mine are just craft paints. I think the color would be richer.




This one excited me. It's cord sandwiched between tissue paper, then painted. You know how much I love texture.





The next one is corrogated cardboard with metallic paint.
(I couldn't get the image to move over, sorry.)
So there you have it. Just doing my thing, spending time with me.
Hope everyone is ok out there.
California has some new big fires. We are safe so far. Pray for the ones who aren't, and the fire fighters.
bethe






2 comments:

The Rustic Victorian said...

I am praying for those dealing with the fires, and I am glad you are alright. Love the tissues.

Diva Kreszl said...

I so understand the 'funk'...been there many times myself. Glad you're back!

Garden angel

Garden angel