5.11.2009

Camp Out in Santa Cruz


Here is my "Hunk of Burnin Love". Don, after we got the tent set up. It was pretty warm by then, but it didn't last long. It turned damp and cold once the sun went down.We had to go into town the next day and get better sleeping bags, and a tarp for underneath the tent.
We have been a camping family for a real long time. But in the last few years, since the boys have grown up, Don and I have treated ourselves to some nice hotels on our vacations, and get aways. But now with the way business and work is going we are back to camping. I rather liked the hotels.LOL. But its fine, we have each other, and thats what its about. My husband loves the outdoors, is an avid bicyclist, and we both like to hike. It's beautiful out there people.

This is the lighthouse at Santa Cruz. Inside is the Surfing Museum. Lots of pictures of long board surfers from the 50's and 60's.
This is a preserve called Wilder Ranch. The ranch used to be a working ranch. It sets off Hyw. 1. Which is the coast Hwy. Many out buildings, and gardens. Someone was feeding the chickens when we were there. Now it is open to the public for hiking and biking.

I went into town and visited the thrift store. Got three blouses for work, a French cookbook for Shawn, some pottery, and candle holders. I also went to an antique store and found a type drawer. I want to do the project that is featured in Somerset Studios May issue.
We had a real good time. But now back to work and reality. I'm feeling better. It's nice to get away and remember that there is more to life.
Thank you all for your posts.

beth

4 comments:

The Painted Nest said...

Hi Beth, I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself and get away from everything for a little R&R. I love the pic of the lighthouse (kool)!!! Can't wait to see what you create next!!! Bless You Sweet Friend, Deborah

Wildflowerhouse said...

Thanks for the pictures! Looks like you had a great time. It is so good to get away from it all, isn't it. Sharon

Stephani Gorman said...

Hi Beth, Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I have been thinking about camping lately too...just don't know if I could get my bed comfy enough! I remember those days, way.. back when I was younger and could handle a few rocks in the back. LOL Don't know if I could do it now. ;) Looks like you where having a wonderful time. Hugs, Stephani

Holly Campbell said...

Hi Beth! Love your pictures. I'm not much of a camper, but you sure make it sound like fun!

Garden angel

Garden angel